Skip to main content

Are there any type of guardianship where I don't lose my welfare benefits?

Palos Hills, IL |

I have 3 kids and I am on welfare. One of my child will be moving in with my mom to help her but he cant go to school out there. Is there a way my mom can have guardianship with out me losing all my benefits?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Most likely your benefits could be cut since one child will no longer be living with you. Someone has to pay to support the child who will no longer be living with you and if you applied for benefits and listed him/her as a dependent, the benefits should be adjusted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer