Skip to main content

Are there any lawyers who can help with mental health issues ? Mental health facility looking for shortcuts. Please help.

Upper Darby, PA |

Bipolar teen ( will be 18 in 4 mths) history of hospitalizations , violent and aggressive behavior, and non med compliance. is currently involuntarily admitted to MH/behavioral health facility approx 10 days ago . Facility did not make me ( his parent) aware of med changes, teen refused to participate in family sessions and continues to have racing thoughts, and punched a peer in the face two days ago The Case Manager told us today there was a dc date for tomorrow. There continues to be many safety concerns. As of friday a psych evaluation wasn't done. Attending doctor calls me this evening admits he is still unstable but recommended a " shortcut " for placement into another facility. She wanted to do a petition for abandonment with child services.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Speaking with a special education law attorney may be the best route for you to go. You should contact the Delaware County Bar Association to find special education law attorneys in your area.

The response to this inquiry does not create an attorney/client relationship. We have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified.


At age 14, the child has control over records and course of treatment. At any age if there is a concern over competence (and particularly at the impending 18th birthday) you may consider whether to pursue guardianship.

This answer is meant to be informational and does not constitute legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer