Skip to main content

Are I-751 waivers generally easy to approve??

Boston, MA |

Are I-751 waivers with divorce with good faith marriage easy to approve if there is evidence of the relationship? Does it have extra scrutiny, especially if there is a fraud report by ex-wife? And in interviews, are they more questioned than joint I-751? Are the officers for instance more skilled to pick up fraud than other interviews??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


They are definitely harder to prove and the standard for a good faith marriage is inherently tougher esp. if an ex-spouse sends a report to USCIS that you married for a green card. USCIS is aware that ex-spouse can be angry also and say things just hoping to get you in trouble though. Not impossible but tougher and there is usually but not always an interview -- depends on the amount of proof.


Nothing is easy in immigration law. Talk to an immigration lawyer.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


See my answer to your already asked question.

Agarwal Law Offices 3 Dundee Park, B10 Andover, MA 01810 This information is for informational and educational use only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


You are granted a conditional green card on the condition that you have a good faith marriage and a genuine intent to live together. To remove that condition you need to be able to prove that you still need to prove the same 2 years on. You can still apply to have the condition waived however it is harder to do so then if the couple were still together. If there is an alleged fraud then that again makes the case harder to prove. The officers at these interviews are very skilled on picking up on any lies. In order to present your case in the best light I would suggest that you contact a Immigration attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer