Skip to main content

Are FL-190 Notice of Entry Judgment and FL-180 Judgment, documents of Divorce Decree in California? Am I legally divorced now?

Whittier, CA |

I filed an uncontested divorce here in California last May 2012 . My ( ex ) wife and I initiated a Marital Status Agreement with details on child custody , assets , properties and financial liabilities . Recently , I received a package of previously filed documents and now including the aforementioned two . The only things I see are stamped dates ( effective date of termination , Feb 27 , 2013 ) and stamped name of the presiding judge . So , are these the divorce decrees that I'm waiting for . These are also stamped " CONFORMED COPY Original Filed " with a date ( February 27 , 2013 ) . I also looked up the status of my case on line and it says " Stipulated Judgment " .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, you are legally divorced.

Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS 500 LIGHTHOUSE AVENUE, STE. A MONTEREY, CA 93940 (831) 233-3558 -- OFFICE (831) 233-3560 -- FAX

Edna Carroll Straus

Edna Carroll Straus


As of "effective date of termination , Feb 27 , 2013 "


Yes. Keep these documents in a safe place where you can readily access them if need be.


I aqgree with counsel above. You are legally divorced and should keep this important documents in a safe place. Good luck.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Congratulations! You are divorced, and it appears you accomplished that without an attorney and in cooperation with your former spouse. As a Specialist in Family Law, I can tell you that cooperation seems to be a rare accomplishment. Best of luck to you both.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer