ARD for General impairment

York, PA |

If ARD is an option for you and you properly apply and are accepted you will not be sentenced. You will however have to complete the ARD program and all the accompanying trimmings of such program. I would advise getting a York County criminal defense attorney to handle the case properly and explore any potential legal issues involved.

T.L. Kearney, Esq.
York County Criminal Defense Attorney
160 E. Market Street
York, PA 17401
(717) 668-8159

Depending on your BAC, your license will be suspended for 1-2 months

Mr. Kearney has given good advice. I would suggest calling him or if you want you can find another attorney here on AVVO by selecting "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

You would not be sentenced, instead your put into ARD. The license suspension from PennDot would be 60 days.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

ARD will not get you "sentenced" because you never are found guilty of the DUI when you complete ARD. Depending on the County, you will be on probation for six to 12 months, you will be charged court fees and probation supervision fees and a fine. You may also have to do community service and alcohol safe driving school (which you pay for).

Your license will be suspended for 30 days (or 60 days if the DUI involved and accident).

Attorney Kearney is located right in York. Contact him directly. His answer clearly indicates he is familiar with this area of the law, and you would be well-served to speak with him.