Skip to main content

Approx over a yr ago i was hit by a car having pain,is it to late to take action?how do i do anything?

Hazleton, PA |

i was hit by a car and went to the hospital for my foot and leg,i did not get the plate so i thought there wa nothing i could do,i am still having alot of pain.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


I'm going to edit the practice area of your post to "Personal Injury" for better exposure.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.


You may have a case but you need to retain an experienced personal injury attorney immediately. Please keep in mind, that the statute of limitation on personal injury cases in PA is 2 years


You should contact a lawyer. In Pa. you generally have two years to file a suit but if you did not get the ID of the car then there are a whole host of other issues to explore.


You should consult with a local Personal Injury Attorney right away. The Statue of Limitations on your action is running and soon you will not have the option to file a complaint. Most PI Attorneys will not charge you for an initial consultation.

If you liked my answer, please rate it "HELPFUL" or "BEST". Also, you can contact me for further detailed questions and answers at 412-904-5305. **DISCLAIMER** Michael I. Werner is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This answer is based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with an attorney prior to taking legal actions on your own.


You should see a local personal injury attorney as soon as you can. From the other answers, although you have time on the statute, do not delay. Either use this site or I am sure you will get answers from people who would be willing to help you. Good luck.


You should retain a personal injury lawyer. The secret is to retain one with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you don't get hurt twice. Good luck.


I am sorry to hear you are still suffering. No, it isn't too late. Contact a personal injury attorney.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.


Normally there is a 2 year statute of limitations so normally you would have time. Your claim would be an uninsured motorist claim. If you or a relative in your household has a car, the insurance policy would have to have uninsured motorist coverage. There are a few other issues suuch as limited tort whcich we do not have to with deal now. If there is no policy there is a state adminstered fund that would cover your claim. Your biggest problem is that your accient would appear to be unreported and if you are required to report it to the police or a proper govermental authority within 30 days (in Penna.) which is a requirement. Did you report it? Did you report it at the hospital. Without stating more (there is more) I suggest you contact a personal injury lawyer and ask for a free consultation.


PA has a 2 year statute of limitations. The comments of the other lawyers to this question all make sense and I agree that you should seek out counsel to see what you can do. I disagree with Mr. Lassen however about the fee. A 30% fee with a personal injury lawyer is quite low considering the fact that the lawyer pays all the expenses and assumes all of the financial risk. That is the nature of the contingency fee arrangement. Just because your attorney may want a fee higher than 30% does not mean you will "burned twice." On the contrary, the attorney who charges a higher fee may ultimately get you more money in the end. You can go to my website and download free books that I have written on this very subject.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer