Skip to main content

Applying permanent with an issue

Vacaville, CA |

I have temporary green card also hit and run ticket I will apply permanent green card will it be problem?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No, but take care of that ticket at once and make sure such an incident does not happen again.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


A ticket for hit and run could cause a problem. Schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney and take the court records for the hit and run with you.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agre with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I slightly disagree with my esteemed colleagues -- as it may depend on what type of "hit and run" charge you have. If it was a California misdemeanor offense for VC 20001 simple property damage, that is not currently a problem for a lawful permanent resident (I assume you mean you are a conditional resident through marriage?) as it is not considered a "crime of moral turpitude" by the 9th Circuit court of appeals, which is the appeals court which matters for you, since you live in California. A California felony hit and run could be a "crime of moral turpitude" however, and one such offense within 5 years of becoming a permanent resident could make a person deportable.



I came back after 15 mins my insurance paid all damages I didnt go to court I told everything to police officer he wrote on the paper then I signed I didnt give any fingerprints