Skip to main content

Applying i-485, Dependent (my Wife) didn't apply new TN when changed company A to B. Now she got new TN with Company C.

Boise, ID |

Facts: Primary Applicant- Indian citizen, i-140 submitted under EB2. Primary applicants all docs in order. Dependent (wife) - Canadian Born Citizen, on TN since Nov 2011. Married in Jan 2012. Application Status: I-40 submitted, want to submit i-485 under cross chargeability as wife is Canadian born citizen. Issue: Wife Changed employer (from Company A to B without Gap) in Feb 2012, but Company B NEVER told her to get a new TN or filed i-129. In March 2013 got a new job offer from Company C and she got a new TN from company C now and she have been working for company C since last week. Question- How would it impact the i-485 application ? or what can be done? if anything.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Have her cross the border into Canada and return to the US. There are, however, more complications. Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



She already crossed the border from Mexico and she is back in US now. She has a new and appropriate I-94 now with the new company C.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer