Applying for my stepson's Green Card

Orlando, FL |

Hello,

My wife and my stepdaughter have already the green card. Can I now apply for my stepson's green card. He is 24 years old and lives in another country. If yes, how long could take the process?

Thanks,

Ignacio

Only if you were married to your stepson's mother before he was 18. Even if that was the case, if the stepson is single it will take about 7 years, if married more.
Luis A. Guerra, Esq.
Law Office of Luis A. Guerra, PA
Atrium Centre
4801 South University Dr., Suite 252
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
(954)434-5800
www.guerralegal.com

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

We married when he was 19. Are there any other routes? For instance, we are going to apply for citizenship in about 2 years. Is it easier to apply for him once we get the citizenship? Thanks very much, Ignacio

MY colleague's analysis is correct.

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

The other lawyer is correct.