Skip to main content

Applying for I-130 + I-485 ...(I-130 request US Citizen Biographics too). Does he needs to pay $85 x 2 or just for Foreigner ?

San Diego, CA |

I-130 expects both Applicant and Recipient to provide a G-325A each. Does this means that both have to pay $85 (so $85 x 2 = $170) for the finger printing or just $85 for the Recipient only ??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You need to pay the biometrics fee for the immigrant only.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500


$85.00 x 1.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


Since it is only the immigrant who is applying for the green card and thus needs to be fingerprinted, only he will have to pay the fingerprinting ("biometrics") fee, and NOT the US citizen.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Only one person pays the biometrics fee and that is the person who will receive the benefit and be getting the green card.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


Only the intending immigrant needs to pay the $85. The fee is not tied to the G-325A and I-130 - it is required for I-485. Also, if you are applying for I-765 and I-131 at the same time, you do not need to submit additional $85 fee - one will cover all those applications if submitted together.

Viera Buzgova (512) 476-7163. The information above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice specific to your case.


Only the beneficiary pays.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer