I need some guidance/help-
Currently, I am on H1B (4 years left) live in Dallas & work for employer A and my wife who has L1A (i140 Approved with Employer B) but working in New York.
Currently, due to some personal situation she cannot move out of New York.
Since, my H1B is location constraint and employers are now not considering H1B folks, I am looking to move to spouse dependent visa. Below are my questions -
1. Is it possible for me to 'apply' L2 and L2 EAD (through spouse's employer B) while I continue to work on H1B with my current employer A?
2. Will my H1B become void if I apply for L2 and L2 EAD ?
3. Once I switch jobs and move to EAD completely, Do I have to forgo my H1B ?
4. Can L2 and L2 EAD be applied together or one has first apply L2 first and then apply for L2 EAD afterwards?
5. If I move to EAD & travel outside US, do I need to go to US embassy & get re stamped ?
You can change status to dependent on your spouse. Since L-2 can work based on EAD, you should be able to continue to work if you maintain status.
This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. If you wish to discuss your case further, you may seek an appointment here - www.lawyersharma.com/book-online.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline