Skip to main content

Applied to be represented by an attorney under indigent status, request denied. What usually happens in these types of cases?

Miami, FL |

I went to use a restroom facility at a hotel in Aventura, Florida on my way out I was arrested by the police for loitering, trespassing, and resisting arrest without violence. I applied for indigent status for attorney representation. On first appearance, Judge informed me I'm not entitled to an attorney because no jail time is involved, and case was set for trial. Could you tell me what happens in these cases, are the charges usually dropped?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to ask this question under the criminal defense forum, not social security. However, I can advise you that when a judge determines no jail, it means a bench trial, not a jury trial. You can be found guilty and sanctioned with fines, court costs, community service, etc but no loss of liberties.

In my experience this will not be dropped, I suggest you consult with a local criminal defense attorney for more specifics. Good luck.

Visit our website at to ask your legal question or call for a more detailed free consultation for your legal issue. The information presented is for information purposes only based on the information provided. An attorney client relationship is not formed.


I agreee - this is a criminal question - I will try to repost there for you.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.