Skip to main content

Anyone want to help me collect approx. 3 years of overtime wages ?

Irving, TX |

I don't have copies of time sheets and was paid $8.00 and hour instead of 8.75 plus 1/2 . I do however have the phone numbers of several employees who worked one or two weeks " unpaid " training it was called. Many of these employees I worked with know I worked 6 and 7 days every week and overtime each week. The problem is my boss / store owner is the only person who may have or not have copies of schedules. I am 100% sure his story wont match that of many employees previous. Anyone up for it and can I get contengiency / pro bono or whatever? If not what might I pay for this? I was paid 8.00 cash instead of 8.75 time and a half.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should look for an employment lawyer in your area on the NELA website. I've posted a link below. NELA stands for National Employment Laywers Association. Many lawyers, myself included, will take overtime cases on a contingency basis. Good luck.

My answers to questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information only, and are not intended to be legal advice. Employment law issues typically require a careful case-by-case analysis. Consequently, if you feel that you need legal advice, I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney in your area.


There are many attorneys who handle overtime cases, especially cases that have the potential to involve a large number of employees. However, you need to move quickly. The FLSA has a two-year statute of limitations, which can sometimes be extended to three years. Your employer has a legal obligation to keep time records, but in a lot of these situations this does not happen. You need to consult with an employment lawyer in your area right away, or go to the Department of Labor if you can't find a lawyer to take your case.


The fact that you do not have records would not be a problem - it is your employer's responsibility to maintain time records of their employees. You should find an attorney in DFW that handles unpaid overtime cases. I accept unpaid overtime cases on a contingency basis and provide free evaluations of such cases. Below is a link to an article on unpaid overtime from my website.

The content of this response is provided solely for informational purposes, and not as legal or other professional advice. Your access to and use of this response do not form an attorney-client relationship with Josh Borsellino or Borsellino, P.C.


There are many attorneys in the DFW that take these cases and, as I do, will take these cases on a contingency agreement.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer