Skip to main content

Anybody has problem E-file I-765 category C09 Employment Based? How to fill: " Information concerning your eligibility status?"

Stockbridge, GA |

Recently, I do E-file I-765 to renew my EAD on Category C09 on Employment Based, after I filled all of request on mark *, the system tell me "there are still suggested fields not completed". I filled the form exactly like last time I renewed EAD on line back to 2010. When I see that suggestion, I went back fill out all of information even those without mark *. On last question: Provide information concerning your eligibility status", I just state: "my I-485 is pending" which likes I did last time. Is that be right answer? And also how do I answer the question: current immigration status? Current, I am waiting my green card to approve. So how to answer it?
I couldn't think about anything else. Should I fill I-765 by paper form, instead E-file ?
Thank you so much for any suggestion.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


(c9) is the proper category for requesting work authorization based on a pending adjustment petition. You have quite a few questions about the form. It would be best to consult with a competent attorney or BIA-accredited representative to make sure the petition is filed correctly.


Daniel Green, Esq.
Serving the Hudson Valley, Northeast, and the World Beyond
Location: 684 Aaron Court, Kingston, NY
Mailing Address: PO Box 3238, Kingston, NY 12402

This answer should not be construed as legal advice and should not be relied on to take any action whatsoever; neither does it create a lawyer-client relationship.


I usually file the paper form, so I can't recommend E-filing unless you have a deadline and need to file quickly. If you have a pending I-485, then your answer for eligibility sounds right. Current immigration status could also be answered as applicant for adjustment of status.


Yes, answer them as you suggest. Perhaps e-filing is best for you to ensure you do not miss anything.


I agree with my colleagues c (9) is the right category. From your information it seems your adjustment of status has been pending for a couple of years, I suggest you contact an Immigration Attorney to review your application and make sure that you are actually eligible to adjust status.

Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as legal advice, but is only a general informational response for public interest. No one reading this is authorized to claim that an attorney client relationship exists with this writer or the writer's law firm.