Skip to main content

Any free or low cost pardon attorney in Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh, PA |

I have to get my record cleaned up from over 20 years ago. I have very limited means to get this paid for. I think I can do most of the paperwork myself but would like someone to look over it and represent me at the hearing in front of the board of pardons if I am granted one.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I agree with Mr. Keller that you need to start talking with qualified criminal defense attorneys in your area. Most, myself included, offer free consultations; and legal fees can vary quite a bit among lawyers. Take advantage of the opportunity to talk privately with lawyers to discuss your situation and anticipated fees. Limited Scope Representation may be a way for you to proceed. LSR is sometimes known as "ghost writing". By either terminology it amounts to an agreement with a lawyer wherein his/her efforts are specifically set out and limited to lessen the financial burden for the client. In your case it could involve reviewing/editing your written work to assure the end product has a reasonable chance at achieving the intended result. In any event if you do not start checking the market you will not be able to find the answer to your question. Good luck.


Most attorney's provide free consults. The pardon process is long and tedious so it makes sence to start things off right. There are many qualified attorney's in your area who are part of Avvo. Good luck.


I am sure you should be able to find a lawyer who can help you, just by reviewing your documents. There are a lot of great pro-bono lawyers. I would suggest contacting the state bar association for a list of referrals.

Good Luck!

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer