Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

An employee quit and has file paperwork to get back pay. I am selling the business so who is responsible for paying the debt

I own a small daycare and have just gotten in over my head. One of my employees quit because she was caught taking money from me. I owe her around $3000.00 in back pay. I am in the process of selling my business and my question is if she files against me who is responsible me or the new owner. I have the intention of paying her but will need time to come up with the amount owed.

I have always had a hard tiime paying my employees because in daycare you can only pay people when you get paid. The employee that I am talking about has worked for me for over a year and this has always been a problem with the payroll but has stayed anyway. I have tried to take out a loan but have not been able to. I have someone who wants to take over the business but I need to see if the ex employee will come after me or the new owner.

| 2 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content