An automobile accident happened in November, 2010.

Jacksonville, FL |

My case is handled by local law firm. However, I was told by the law firm that if the medical provider does not accepted Letter Of Protection, the law firm cannot do anything, and I received harassing calls and mails constantly. What to do?

It sounds like you have an insurance coverage issue, because you have no PIP coverage (coverage lapsed, riding in another's car, etc.) and/or no health insurance. Under those situations, doctors are not receiving immediate payment for their bills, which causes many doctors to decline involvement. Letters of Protection (LOP) are the primary way around this problem, but many doctors refuse LOPs.

I agree that you should have a conference with your local lawyer. If he/she refuses or declines your case, you should definitely seek another Jacksonville lawyer's opinion. I'd be happy to be contacted if you want to discuss this further.

I talked to the attorneys many times, and they refused to handle it. I was told either make the payments or wait until the case is settled. Should I find a new attorney? Would a lien be put on my case from my current attorney if I want to find another attorney to handle it? The harassment is scary from the creditors and it is unbearable.

I have never feel like crying, and this is the first when the attorneys who handle may case leave me hanging.

Blane Gerard McCarthy

Blane Gerard McCarthy

Sorry to be tardy in my response, as I was out of the office today on a family matter and missed your comments. I will be in tomorrow if you want to talk about your situation. I can be reached at 904.391.0091. It would probably be more efficient to have a 15 minute chat with you than to continue with these Avvo posts.

You need to contact your lawyer to discuss these issues. Set up a meeting and sit down and discuss these issues.

It might be prudent to also change your phone number.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Is it going to affect my credit?

I suggest that you schedule a face-to-face meeting with your attorney and address these issues in person.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I talked to the attorneys many times, and they refused to handle it. I was told either make the payments or wait until the case is settled. Should I find a new attorney? Would a lien be put on my case from my current attorney if I want to find another attorney to handle it? The harassment is scary from the creditors and it is unbearable.I have never feel like crying, and this is the first when the attorneys who handle may case leave me hanging.

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

If your medical provider is unwilling to accept a letter of protection or a lien against your case recovery, then I suggest that you attempt to negotiate reasonable monthly payments on the bill. Often they may accept $25 a month or even less on some occasions. If you make an agreement with them, chances are they will not keep hounding you. If you switch attorneys, new attorneys may not achieve a different result and your first attorney may well file a lien against your case for services rendered on a quantum meruit basis. Legal Disclaimer: If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.