Skip to main content

Amending chapter 7 bankruptcy schedules to add a creditor. Does the amended schedule just show new info or also old crdtrs?

Riverside, CA |

I have to add 2 creditors. If I do a new schedule f and matrix, can I just have the new creditors on this amended schedule or do I need to also submit the original creditors plus the new ones. Also, this changes the statistical summary, do I also need to amend that?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


An amended schedule F requires that you pay an additional filing fee, and you file the entire schedule again marked as amended, with the new creditors added in alphabetically, and underlined as to all changes from the prior filed schedule, and that you add the new creditors individually to the clerk's matrix.
The statistical summary need not be changed.

General legal advice is offered for educational purposes only. A consultation with a qualified attorney is required to determine specific legal advice as to your situation and applicable law. We are a debt relief agency and we help people file for relief under the bankruptcy laws.


The procedure will vary depending on the local rules, so I would start by going to the website of the local bankruptcy court to review the rules.

In my jurisdiction, the amendment is filed just with the new creditors and you must also add the new creditors to the matrix.

Either way, I have never made a change to the statistical summary, although there would be no harm in doing this.

Hope this perspective helps!


I agree with Mr. Weston that the amended schedule will include the new and old creditors. There is a filing fee of about $26. You should also mail a copy of the B9 Meeting of Creditors Notice to the new creditors.
You should, of course, check the local rules and ask the clerk's office for their procedure.


Some courts simply have a local form to add creditor.

The answers on this discussion board are general in nature and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to questions does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always see a lawyer about your individual situation.