Skip to main content

Amend her I-751

Southampton, PA |

My cousin sister she live in New Jersey. She have a question regarding immigration. She filed her I-751 on Feb ’16 2013 and her finger print done on March’19 2013. On April 9, 2013 they get fight each other and she call the cops and file the report against him about harassment...then after she not live with her husband any more .now she wary about her immigration process .right now she live with her relative in same state .bec’z she live in new jersey as a law of that state she have to wait for 6 month before starting a divorce process.
Here is her question
1) She knows that she wants to amend her I-751 to make it an I-751 waiver to apply on her own. But question is when? during the 6 month time period or when divorce process start then

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


After the divorce is finalized.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.


Talk to an immigration lawyer ... immediately.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer