Skip to main content

Am in removal processing . can my case have to terminated before my i1360 can be approve .

Miami, FL |

i have being married 3 and a half years . being on interview with my husband by no success . on the 2nd interview . we have received a letter in the may mail stating they intent to deny my case . i hired an attorney . which advise us to withdraw my petition and refiled a new 1 . after a month i was in removal processing because didn't want to refiled . when he finally did i in removal processing . he did show up for that interview . due to infidelity . treating me and being abusive to me . i filed an vast petition in esp 2012 . with in a week a receive my receipt and prims official . then a biometrics for the i485 . its being months and nothing yet . can some tell me step by step . do i have to filed a new i485 . although i did with the i360 . am confused . i was told by the costumer service saying my estimated time is April

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


First, your attorney is in the best position to evaluate your case. Second, why would you need a new I- 485 if you already filed it? I think you need to talk to your attorney, and/or go for a second opinion to an immigration lawyer if your are in doubt...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


I agree with my colleague. The explanation you have provided is confusing and requires a review of your entire file to give proper advice. You should ask your attorney to better explain the process or look for someone with whom you are better able to work with.


Yes, but it depends on a number of factors including communication of your attorney with chief counsel office at DHS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer