Skip to main content

Am in middle of perm process .my wifes travelled to india ..if while filing i-485 she is india whats are the options .

Framingham, MA |

my perm is in 6th yr and my wife had to travel to india ....She would not be present here wen i file I-485 so how to go about that

my wifes is on h4 and her visa ends on july 24 so will she be able to travel to US while filing i-485

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


File for her when she returns


You cannot even imaging how confused you sound. Please talk to the employer's attorney first and if not sufficient, sit down with an immigration attorney of your choosing for a consultation.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You cannot file AOS without the person present.


The options for what?

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Hello. The person needs to be present. I urge you to seek attorney counsel, because it is apparent it would likely be highly helpful to you. Some attorneys, myself included, are available seven days for emergency legal needs such as this is. Some attorneys, myself included, will confer for free, at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq. Immigration Law, Rule 14 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See