Am i still married?

Inman, SC |

my wife sent me divorce papers years ago and i recently noticed that they had my social security number wrong on the paper work.

Filed under: Divorce Social security

If a final judgment was entered, you are divorced. The social security number issue shouldn't be a problem.

Robert Ricci, Jr., Esq.
1743 St. Georges Avenue
Rahway, NJ 07065
732-815-1122

Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.

Did you sign the paperwork and was it then filed/signed by the Court? What paperwork did you sign?

Jack Berner

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.