I came to the US on an H4 and got admitted to a university here. In November, I applied for an F1 visa after having completed the first trimester of the course. A few days later, my husband changed jobs and his H1 was transferred to his new employer. Since I had already applied for a COS, we did not do anything for my H4. Now, it has been over 3.5 months and my visa approval has not come. My visa status is showing as HOLD since March 4. My questions are:
1. Am I in any risk of being out of status if my F1 does not come through
2. Should I have done a H4 transfer? Is that even possible if my F1 COS is pending?
3. Is the delay on the F1 visa potentially due to my husband's H1 transfer?My I94 is valid till Oct 2013. I am in the second trimester of my course. Visa was applied for in November 2012.