My husband and I bought a home in WI and remodeled to to resell. We gutted pretty much everything and put new materials in it. It ended up that we lived in it ourselves for about 4 months while finding a new house to buy. We saw no evidence of mold or did we have any bad health affects while living there. My husband has asthma and didn't have any problems and my daughter lived with us while being pregnant. None of us had any problems. We did encounter a small amount of mold while remodeling, but removed anything that had the mold on it and cleaned the area according to the proper methods for mold removal. The couple that purchased it from us has been there aprox. 6 months and is now saying there is a mold problem. They waived their right to a home inspection.