Skip to main content

Am I in trouble?

Pittsburgh, PA |

I have a mildly mentally retarded client falsely accusing me of not showing up for work and verbal abuse however there is no proof i am suspended with pay pending investigation what should i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Retain counsel

Do not go It alone

Do not underestimate your opponent because of a slight disability.



Even if this person has a history of false claims and it is he said she said. I really dont have money for a lawyer?


Enlist the help of a qualified PA defense attorney and comply with every instruction he or she gives you. If the claims against you are false, then you have little to fear. Good luck.

The information provided here is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. Transmission of information via this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient, nor is it intended to do so. The content provided does not create any warranty, express or implied. Hiring a lawyer to represent you is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising.


I agree with my colleagues. Get an attorney ASAP to represent you. Things can go downhill quickly and snowball on you without proper representation. Best of luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


Best bet is to retain local counsel in Pittsburgh to investigate.



Thank you all. I did contact a lawyer he said at this point in time legal counsel would be nice but 100% needed he offered a working consultation as my best bet until I hear what the investigation concludes. He also said thag it is not a criminal investigation.


you really need a lawyer. he or she can guide you through tricky areas. Like, if your employer wants to get a statement from you, do you, or do you not. An attorney can help you with this. You also may need an employment attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer