Skip to main content

Am I gonna get my 10 year Green Card after the AOS interview?

Lincoln, NE |

We got married in 2010 in Brazil but it took me a long time to come here,My husband is American citizen,and we just filed to adjust my status ,the question is we have been married for almost 3 years now,but we have been living together for a few months in here only..I have an interview coming next month,if i get approved, do i get the 10 year green card ? and then how long waiting to apply for citizenship ..thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

If your permanent resident status application is approved, then you will get a 10-year green card. If you are a permanent resident, and you are living with your husband for 3 years as a permanent resident, then you can apply for citizenship. If you are not living with your husband, then after 5 years as a permanent resident, you can apply for citizenship. Best of luck to you.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.



Awesome! Thanks a lot .


It is best to consult an attorney. I believe that you could obtain the permanent 10 year green card. But you have to live with your spouse for 3 years and be a green card holder before you can apply for citizenship.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Depends on what happens at the interview.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Most likely. Its always best to work with an immigration attorney.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.


You attend the hearing, get approved and you should be good to go.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer