Am I entitled to any of husbands workers comp money when he settles

Staten Island, NY |

If it is for pain and suffering no. If it is for lost wages, then that is an issue for a divorce case.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

No. Not unless you supported him while he was unable to work.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

You dont indicate if you are going through a divorce. That is important information.

John M Connell

John M Connell

If you are just separated and havent actually filed that might change the answer but Mr Lutzky is the expert on this question

I do not believe that you would be entitled, particularly when you are separated while the case is pending and he is out of work. Was anyone required to pay spousal support?

David B. Snyder, Esq.
6876 Buckley Road
Syracuse, NY 13212
315-451-3040
http://www.syracuseworkerscomp.com
Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and does not offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.