Skip to main content

Am I eligible for an expungement?

Berwyn, PA |

I was arrested in October of 2009 for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. The court dropped the charges down to a disorderly conduct. I want to have my record expunged but am unclear on the laws surrounding it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


All the main charges can be expunged now, and the summary offense of Disorderly Conduct can be expunged after 5 years from the date you entered the plea. It is suggested that you retain a criminal defense attorney who has expertise in this area. Many firms offer a free consult.


If it has been 5 years since your conviction on a summary disorderly conduct (if a misdemeanor you are stuck) and you have no other charges since, you are eligible for expungement. You should contact an attorney who will file the correct forms and get the process going.


You are currently eligible for expungement of the possession of marijuana charge and drug paraphernalia charge and will be eligible in to have the Disorderly Conduct charge expunged once five years has elapsed from the date of conviction during which you have been free from arrest or new charges.


Anything that is a summary conviction can be expunged; however anything higher than a summary conviction would need to be pardoned (a different process.) The summary conviction must have occurred five years prior to the filing of the petition. If you are serious about filing for an expungment I would highly recommend hiring an attorney who has experience in the county which you would file for your expungment.


Summary offenses can be expunged after 5 years so it depends when in 2009 you plead guilty to the Disorderly Conduct. If 5 years have passed you can file to have this conviction expunged.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer