Skip to main content

Am i qualify for social security benefits?

Lakewood, WA |

im 23 years old
i got a injured from work
because of neology problems i cant walk long time or sit and standing
i also had 2 times of my low back surgery..
so my neologist gave me disability parking card.
so my questions am i qualify for social security disable benefits?

im married and have a son.

if yes, what kind benefists do i get? cash? food stamp?

my wife is working right now.. and shes uncall.. so she makes $600~$1700 a month.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


First, I am sorry that you are having these health issues.

As to your questions concerning disability, you may file for SSDI if you have enough of a work history or you can file for SSI. SSI is a needs based program for those who do not have enough work quarters to meet the eligibility requirements of SSDI.

If you file, you must be able to demonstrate with sufficient medical evidence that your impairments have caused you to be disabled for at least twelve months or that your impairments will cause you to be disabled for at least 12 months. You must also demonstrate that, based on your age, education and ast work experience your impairments will prevent you from performing any job available in the national economy.

You should speak with an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case. You may use the "Find a Lawyer" feature, above, or you may visit

I wish you well.

Andrew W. Norfleet, Esquire Helping disabled individuals throughout Pennsylvania. DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality


I agree with my colleague. A diagnosis isn't enough to make an accurate assessment of the likelihood of getting approved. The Social Security Administration requires evidence showing that you will be disabled or have been disabled for at least twelve months and that you can't work in any job that you have done in the past and any job available today.

I suggest that you contact an attorney for more direction and assistance with the process because this process can be very complex and lengthy.


It depends. In order to qualify for Social Security Disability, you will need to file an application with the Social Security Administration. You will need to show that you have enough work history to be "insured" for disability purposes. Finally, you will need to have medical records to document your impairments. If you do not meet the requirements for one of SSA's "listed" impairments, then because of your age (under 50) you will need to be able to prove that you are unable to perform even sedentary work on a sustained, competitive basis.
You should contact a lawyer who handles Social Security claims as soon as you can, to discuss whether you might qualify.