Skip to main content

Am asylum and my husband has a tourist visa and he in and out in usa and i applied for him i730 family am worry if his visa

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

If his visa cancelled during processing time I just apply for him since one month and he just left us since one week and he well be back this week

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


His visa might or might not be canceled but his chances of being refused admission on it are very high. Suggest he quit using the visa and instead wait until his I-730 is approved so he can come as a refugee derivative.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


He is risking not being allowed into the US if he keeps using the visitor visa while your I-730 is pending. He should be aware of the risks.

Contact: 860-548-2629 or This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.


He should not be using a B-2 visa while the I-730 is pending.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.