Skip to main content

Alabama state Attorney suing Creek Indians

Crestview, FL |

The state attorney of Alabama has declared that the Creek Indians are running an illegal casino and has filed suit to close them down. If Alabama actually wins this suit, can I as a former player sue for all my losses at the casino since Alabama knowingly has allowed an illegal operation all this time and secondly can I sue the Creeks for running the illegal operation?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


No you probably cannot win. Alabama law is different than Florida so you should repost this question on an Alabama section. Alabama hasn't knowingly allowed an illegal operation if the State Attorney is suing the casino to have it shut down. Furthermore, even if you could prove that you spent money at the casino and lost it, it wouldn't necessarily entitle you to a refund. Was the illegality of the casino the reason you lost the money? Or was the money lost because it was gambled? In any case, while I suggest you seek advice from an Alabama section of, you probably cannot recoup your losses from the casino.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.


Both Alabama and the Creek Indian Tribe have sovereign immunity from lawsuits. Forget it.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Mallory Law Group, pursuant to an executed employment agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Earl K. Mallory (561)743-3708.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer