Skip to main content

After your n600 form was rejected .what can be done next?

Havertown, PA |

wife came here in the fifties with her adopted parents.father became citizen.we have been married for almost forty years.she can not prove citizenship.she has a clean record,is a high school graduate and has been active in community threat to anyone but can not get a passport.they used a law that has been changed .she has lived here for almost sixty years.what do we have to do. thank you.if an attorney is necessary please let us know.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It sounds like she is a permanent resident. If so she should apply for naturalization.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


Please schedule a private consultation with an immigration lawyer. There are many details over a span of decades that have been left out in your question.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


How old was she when her father naturalized? Also, I agree with my colleague, sometimes the easiest route is just naturalizing from permanent resident status rather than trying to prove derivative citizenship. Another route is simply apply for a passport and sending in all the documentation they request for foreign born individuals.

MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email:; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, TX 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer