Skip to main content

After reciving an approval notice.I797. from my I130 how much and how long dose it take to reach consulate.

Hermitage, TN |

may i pay them the average 240 dollars for spouse of u.s. citizen. to guatamala. immediatly

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Usually it will take 1 to 3 months for an approved I-130 to be transferred to the National Visa Center (NVC). After that you will be able to pay an $88.00 fee to NVC for the Affidavit of Support processing, and a fee of $230.00 to NVC for the Immigrant Visa processing.

I suggest that you work with an experienced immigration attorney to have the best chance of success.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


Once the I-130 has been approved by USCIS it is transferred to the National Visa Center (NVC) (usually requiring 30-90 days) and registered in their PIMS System for subsequent approval verification by the applicable Consular Post. You should wait to pay fees until you have received further specific instructions from the NVC. You should consult experienced immigration counsel to guide you through the remaining stages of the process.

Response to this question does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with the person requesting such information.


A couple months.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer