After i sign my settlement when should i receive my money

Kissimmee, FL |

i have signed and notorised my settlement agreement , how long should it take to get my money

The other party will have to sign it and then tender a check to your attorney and then you will be paid. Sometimes the Court will have to approve the settlement. So there is no exact answer other than unfortunately the word "soon"

Our office number is 561.266.9056. If you liked our response kindly vote it up. Thank You....Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. Thank You

I am guessing that your settlement agreement does not specify how soon payment is to be made after it is approved by the court.

It is not uncommon to see these terms missing from settlement agreement, but it makes it difficult for you to know when you can bring an action against the opposing party if they do not pay the amount due after the court has approved it.

Another matter to consider is whether the court has maintained jurisdiction over the matter, in case you need to go back to court to enforce the terms of the settlement, that is so you can go back to the same court, with the same case number, to complain that the opposing party has not paid the settlement amount.

I am an attorney who is only licensed in the State of Florida. My answer is general legal advice based upon what I perceive your question to be, and should not be relied upon because every person's facts and circumstances are unique, and because specific laws vary from state to state. To completely evaluate a legal issue requires reviewing and evaluating all relevant facts, applicable laws and other information. My answer does not create an attorney-client relationship, and offered for informational purposes only.

May I suggest you ask your attorney.

There is no precise answer to your questions as this depends on whether court approval is necessary and what you have agreed to in terms of payment

This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to the Florida Bar only and make no attempt to provide opinions on legal issueas that are not relevant to that state. This advice is based on general principles of law and ethics that may or may not relate to your specific situation. You should not solely rely on this advice and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship