After four years of employment with a physician, I had a brain bleed. I was placed on disability to have the skull plate removed

La Crescenta, CA |

I am now awaiting surgery to have the plate replace. My employer, a doctor, terminated me from my position, citing costs.

What is your specific question?

This sounds like an employment law question rather than a medical malpractice question. Are you asking whether it was legal for your employer to terminate you? In most states (I'm licensed in Illinois), your employer is allowed to fire you while you are on disability but they cannot fire you because you are on disability. In other words, your injury cannot be the basis for the termination. If they cut your position for cost reasons, then it's probably not illegal. However, if you suspect you were fired because of your disability, it would be worth consulting with a local employment attorney to get their opinion.

It may also be a disability question.