Skip to main content

After being charged with aggravated assault, how do I fight the charge?

Bristol, TN |

I was arrested after a whole week of the alleged attack. They say they have evidence but none of which is correct. Supposedly furniture was broken and the phone was broken, none of which is true. When arrested I never got to say my side of the story and I was held for 12 hours before making bail. Never once read my rights, the phone that was supposedly broken they actually let me use to call into work.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your first order of business is to hire an experienced defense attorney to fight for you. Try not to post any additional facts about your case. The defenses you may have will depend upon the facts of your case. A consultation with an attorney will give you an idea of how best to handle your defense.


You need to hire the best criminal defense attorney that you possibly can afford and not post anything else incriminating on a public forum like this one.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.


The question itself , no offense, says that you do not know how to proceed. The answer then, as suggested by my colleagues, is to obtain counsel. Either hired or appointed by the court.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


Fight it by getting an attorney. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer