Skip to main content

After a technical probation violation(moving to another state) can you have a lawyer file motion to dismiss?

Greenfield, IN |

I had to move states when I was on probation in order to better my life ( Was on probation for public intoxication and alcohol possession by a minor). My family (step father, mother and step sister) were not living good lives (drugs and alcohol). I moved with my dad in order to stay away from that lifestyle, which was a probation violation and a warrant was issued. I spoke with the PO and she told me to write a letter to the judge explaining my situation. I wrote the letter and the warrant expired and was not reissued. Since I moved out here I have not been in trouble with law and have steady job and am going to real estate school. Do I have any chance at this being dismissed? Or possibly transferred for completion?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I would suggest contacting your probation officer and requesting that the probation be transferred to the county where you're currently residing. This action could possibly bring some closure to the situation.

Attorney Juan Garcia, Jr.
Garcia & Crawford LLC
525 W. Lexington Avenue
Elkhart, IN 46516
Phone: 574-295-8112