Skip to main content

After a consensual affair and you quit can you sue

Miami, FL |

Female had a year long affair with married supervisor and he suggested that if she quit maybe they would have a future, she resigned and signed a voluntary quit form and a week later he said he had no feelings, broke up, can she sue for sexual harrassment

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

A claim for sexual harassment is based on UNWELCOME sexual conduct. The fact that the woman willingly engaged in an affair with her supervisor and was duped into resigning does not form the basis for any type of sexual harassment.




No. The sexual relations were consensual and not unwelcome. As such, this persons behavior was mean spirited but not a violation of Title VII. I wish you well.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer