Skip to main content

After a car accident, can a charge be placed to the DA's office, if the officer does not have your side of the accident?

Saukville, WI |

An intersection person came back later, to give her side of the accident, because she was not on the police report. Could a charge have been placed at the DA's office in the meantime?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Yes, law enforcement does only get one side of a story sometimes and DAs do make charging decisions based on the reports they receive. Get an attorney as quickly as possible to help put your best foot forward.

Please mark answers you appreciate with positive feedback!<p><a href="">Attorney Nicholas J. Passe</a><p><l>Disclaimer: Per the community guidelines, no attorney/client relationship is created by the asking or answering of questions on this web site, nor do the answers constitute legal advice. Always hire an attorney before making any important legal decisions. Posting details of a case on may be subject to discovery in criminal or civil litigation, so erring on the side of nondisclosure is wise.<p><a href="">Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd.</a>


Charges regarding a car accident are in the investigating officer and prosecutors discretion. This is not to say that discretion is sometimes abused. Call a local attorney for legal help on your accident case.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at


Consult with a local auto accident lawyer for help with this.


It is up to the authorities whether to charge or whether to charge.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer