Skip to main content

Affidavit of marriage for EAD

New York, NY |

I have received notice from the USCIS to submit additional evidence of marriage proof to process my Ead as iam an L2 dependent. My question is do i have to get a Affidavit of Marriage based on my Indian Registered Marriage certificate from a US Lawyer? Or will my Indian marriage certificate be enough as a proof?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


An Official Indian Marriage Certificate will be sufficient proof to submit to the U.S. Immigration Services.


Your Official Marriage Certificate from India will is sufficient proof of marriage to USCIS.

If the Marriage document is not in English, you will need to have it certified translation into English and send to Immigration Service with the Original Certificate and Translation attached.

You do not need an "Affidavit of Marriage" from a U.S. lawyer.

Nikiki T. Bogle, Esq.
Immigration Lawyer
Ten Post Office Square
8th Floor
Boston, MA 02109

Phone: (800) 342-1733 ext. 101

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer