Skip to main content

Advice for 1st offense DUI judicial review?

Wheaton, IL |

I don't have a lawyer and am representing myself in a judicial review to have the suspension rescinded. Any advice?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Best advice - Hire a lawyer.


Honestly, you need an attorney. If you testify you will be subject to cross examination and your testimony could be used against you in the DUI trial. You might be better off just getting the BAIID.

This comment is being left for informational purposes only and based solely on the information provided in the question. This comment does NOT create an attorney - client relationship. An attorney should be contact directly and given the full details of the specific circumstances in order to be best able to assist in the issues at hand.


Get counsel, there are too many pitfalls for someone trying to represent himself or herself.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,


I agree with the other attorneys however if you insist on handling this matter by yourself I would advise that you read the summary suspension statute and go to your local law library and read treatises about some resuspension law including the IICLE book on DUI law.


Only one: NEVER represent yourself in any judicial, criminal, civil or administrative proceedings.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602


You may try a google search to find answers on procedure; however, an attorney is who you really should get your information from, even if it's just a free consultation, which many attorney's do. But, I would recommend you finding a local attorney who can personally review your materials with you, rather than relying on one here. This may be a good starting place, but a local attorney will have more insight and be in a better position to help you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer