Skip to main content

Adjustment of Status question about Current Status

Tampa, FL |

I entered on a visitors visa and overstayed. I have had an I-130 filed and approved. My priority date is about to become current and I am applying for adjustment of status under 245(i). Is it appropriate for me to answer the question about my current status as " Adjustment Applicant"?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Look at hte instructions which state the categories. it is usually C9


I would put "overstay."

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]



You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


"overstay" or "out of status" would be o.k.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


Without knowing more, I'd say overstay. However, I'm happy to meet with you discuss it further with a free consultation at my Tampa office for your own peace of mind. Don't hesitate to call for an appointment 813-226-2144.


I would say the visa that you entered, for example B2 and then overstay , so it would read B2 overstay

This is only a short advice- you should not file anything without getting the full facts from a lawyer.