Skip to main content

Adjust from F1 to Unskilled worker Full-time permanent resident visa?

San Francisco, CA |

I have been doing a lot of research in how to adjust my status from F1 to permanent resident visa through Unskilled worker category that requires less than 2year training. Everything is getting expensive and a future college education seems so far away. My family has limited financial resources and I need to take decisions for my future. Any helpful answer would help. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It will take years for a visa to become available. Unless you maintain valid non-immigrant status, you will need to wait outside the US

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


Although theoretically possible, in practice it is not. That category is currently backlogged by at least six to ten years based on current priority dates.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with my colleagues.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.


Difficult to answer without knowing more facts. This particular category is so backed up. You will have to make a cost benefit analysis to see if it is worth staying or not. However, if you do decide to stay, you will have to keep your nonimmigrant status.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.