Skip to main content

Accident years ago between son's truck and a motorcycle driver

Gettysburg, PA |

A friend was driving my son's truck and an accident occurred when the friend was turning and hit a man on a motorcycle. This occurred directly in front of a hospital, where both ended up. The friend did not stop for the police as he was on his way for emergency treatment but he did stop to see if the other driver was ok. My son had failed to insure the truck. My son's friend was travelling and left the state before he could be prosecuted.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What is your specific question?


To the extent you meant to ask, the friend can be sued for negligence. If you have another question, please post it.

Good luck.


I am not licensed in Pa

Your son needs an attorney. You may want to contact the local bar for a reference.

You should act now!

Do not give the "other side", their insurance company nor their lawyer a recorded statement or a medical authorization.

Keep in mind, defendants their lawyers and their claims office are not your friend and they are NOT on your side.

One of the most frustrating events that I have encountered as an attorney, is when someone is barred from a recovery, due to a legal time limitation.
Legal time limitations are called "Statute of Limitations”. These are laws which prevent legal remedies in relation to wrongful conduct.

Many people may try to do what they believe is “the right thing” by waiting to see how something is going to turn out before they file a claim. They often simply just wait too long.

Some people are even tricked by defendants or their insurance companys into delaying past the statutory time periods.

Yes, I have seen adjusters and even hospitals talk nice and friendly to an injured person and string them along maybe paying some of their bills, encouraging them not to seek an attorney, until the day after the statute runs. Then the person has no legal recourse. That is sad.

Statutes vary by state and like most rules, almost all have exceptions.

~Appropriate legal action, notice and claims must take place well in advance of the statute if you want to be safe in pursuing an action.

~ Make sure you discuss the statute of limitations and other legal time limits with your own attorney. Here is some more detailed information:

~Act now!

Good Luck

Make it a great day!
Howard Spiva

The Spiva Law Group does not represent insurance companies and for 25 years has been dedicated solely to the representation of individuals who are injured and their families.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer