Skip to main content

Accident Bodily Injury Attorney

Phoenix, AZ |

Based on local settlements, does this sound acceptable?

Special Damages:
Medical/Chiropractic expenses $ 4,891.00
Mileage expenses $ 124.05
Lost Wages $ 3,453.12
Purchase computer roller bag & pillow $ 233.29
Damage to vehicle (previously paid) $16,482.19
Diminished Value of vehicle $11,514.00
Vehicle Appraisal $ 275.00
Subtotal: $36,972.65
General Damages:
(0.811 times the Special Damages above) $30,000.00

I agree to waive and release all future claims against your company and your insured related to this collision upon the prompt payment of the balance of damages specified above, which totals $50,490.46.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


Don't play lawyer, retain one.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Hire an attorney.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Determining fair value of a personal injury claim requires detailed evaluation of many factors. The numbers posted cover only part of what is required. The insurance industry's own statistics, not those of any attorney, indicate that those who represent themselves end up with far less than those who have an attorney. If there is such a thing as a personal injury claim calculator, here it is: [Click Blue Link Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


Contact and consult directly with an attorney.


Your question does not speak to the real value of your potential claim. How old are you? Are you married? What do you do for a living? What do you do for recreation? Do you have a permanent impairment? Will you need future medical care as a result of the collision?

There are too many unanswered variables to advise you. Would you attempt to do surgery on yourself, at home, with a butter knife or would you consult a surgeon for your medical needs? I suggest you consult a lawyer for your legal needs and not try to play lawyer unless you have a JD degree and years of litigation experience.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. .

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


What you seem to be asking is "how much is my case worth?" That's nearly impossible for out-of-state lawyers to answer, and difficult for local lawyers to answer. An experienced lawyer would need more information to give you a worthwhile answer to your question. They would want to evaluate the liability for your accident, look at your medical records and bills, ask about any pre-existing conditions, determine how your lost wages were calculated, determine how the diminished value claim was calculated, etc. Please keep in mind there are deadlines for making claims. Most accident lawyers offer free consultations. Take advantage of that offer.

This answer is for general education purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to provide legal advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.


Personal injury cases are speculative at best and every case is unique with a different set of circumstances. Without knowing more about your case it would be impossible to try and determine a fair settlement. Insurance companies are extremely difficult to deal with and it's recommended that you speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer about your case. It's also always best to seek legal help immediately after being injured to protect your rights and to avoid mistakes that can hurt your case.

Jason R. Smith

Jason R. Smith


Law Firm of Jason R. Smith 6909 W. Ray Road, Suite 15 Chandler, Arizona 85226 Office: (480)344-3443 Website:


Get a lawyer. see links

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.