Skip to main content

About n400 decision yet to me maid

Houston, TX |

My wife went to citizenship interview few days back and every thing went well but at the end they asked my wife to submit her last 5 year trips to other coutries and also copies of stamping on passport she has been out of country for long time will there be any problem to make a decision on her n400 file ? And also they asked to submit her recent marriage certificate aswell . Please let me know what are the chances she can get citizenship . Any help will be appreciated.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You haven't given us many facts to go on.

One big problem I see is that "she has been out of country for long time" ... if any trip was for more than 180 days ... she has problems.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


yes, if long time included at least one trip of longer than 180 days in the last 4 years and one day, her N400 will be denied.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Depends on whether those trips disqualify her.

The Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit recently stated: "The Immigration and Nationality Act is a bit of a beast. It is not known for being warm or cuddly; words like "intricate" and "Byzantine" come more readily to mind. Nor is it known for being easy to understand; we have often re-marked on its fiendish complexity."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer