Skip to main content

About joint sponsor on form I-864

Chicago, IL |

Please,can two joint sponsors,sponsor one intending immigrant by add their taxes income together?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


More information is needed. Do these two people live together? How 'short' is the primary sponsor?

Have you closely read the I-864 instructions.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


In theory yes, but can quickly become quite tricky.. Avoid this scenario if you can. Use only if no other alternative. Best to keep things simple and find one financially able co-sponsor.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


It is possible, but you must read the instructions carefully to determine whether all these combined sponsors will meet the requirements. Remember that income requirements are based on household size, so for each sponsor from outside the intending immigrant's household, you must look at what income is available after that sponsor provides for his or her own household.

This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.