Skip to main content

About i-751

Southampton, PA |

can i get sworn letter from family member e,g cousin ,mother -in -law ,my brother-in-law

i know i need other document and i have it but i add sworn letter too....... so my question is can i get from my family member tooo orrrrrrr just friends

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, by the letter will not carry the day without additional evidence.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You require a lot more than just sworn letters. Joint utility bills; joint bank accounts; joint deeds; joint insurance; etc. The more documentary evidence that's presented, the greater the likelihood for success.

Husna Alikhan, Esq., TEL: 702-374-6619. Nothing in this response to your posting on AVVO is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies.


Can you? Ask the relative. We would not know here on AVVO whether the relative would want to give you one.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer