Skip to main content

About 18 year ago, my wife had her thyroid removed due to cancer. She was recently diagnosed with carcinoid cancer of the lung.

Dayton, OH |

She has followed all follow up visits by her thyroid doctor since her thyroid was removed. In oct of 2012, she was diagnosed with liver cancer with 4 large tumors, they knew the cancer did not start in the liver. A few days later, large tumor in her lung was found. Today she is receiving Her second therphere y90 treatment. In approx 4 to6 weeks lung surgery will be performed. Since she has maintained the ongoing recommended visits to her thyroid doctor all there years, should her thyroid doctor performed any test, such as a chest x-ray that would have discovered the carcinoid tumor in her lung well before it migrated to her liver? Her oncologist ,have had him since oct, 2012, said she has had the carcinoid tumor in her lung for about 10 to 15 years. Does she have a potential case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You would need to consult with a local medical malpractice attorney. I say this, because the attorney would need to review every relevant fact and would also need to review all medical records. It is only after such a review that an attorney could share an opinion as to a possible claim.


You should consult with a reputable medical malpractice attorney. The initial interview should not cost you anything, and the lawyer should be able to advise you if the claim is worth looking into further. If there is enough to go forward, the next step would be to conduct a review of all pertinent medical records and then have an expert look at them to determine if there is a case.


You would need to speak with a medical malpractice attorney. The statute of limitations, from what you indicate in this posting, may expire in October 2013, so it is imperative that you seek the advice of a medmal attorney immediately. If you need the name of a reputable attorney, please feel free to call me at 440-552-5492 and I will put you in contact with an attorney I work with frequently on negligence matters.

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio


Call Ms. Washington.


I'm sorry to hear about your wife, but I need more facts to properly answer. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I personally know great medical malpractice attorneys here in Columbus who represent plaintiffs from all over the state. The name of the firm is Colley Shroyer Abraham LPA and their number is 614-228-6453. I used to work at this firm while in law school and can personally vouch for their experience and professionalism.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer