Skip to main content

A US citizen living working outside the US get marry outside the US. Can he bring his wife for a month on Visiting visa?

New York, NY |

I'm living , working in Pakistan and want to get marry and visit US with my wife for a month trip and going back and stay in Pakistan. Can I file visiting visa for her? or do I have to go through filing other things, As we are not planning to stay in US.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


She can apply for a visitors visa, but she must demonstrate that she does not intend to remain in the U.S. beyond the time of her visit.

Please see

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


the wife would be in the same position like everyone else - proving nonimmigrant intent to get the visitor's visa.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer